Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Taking refuge in the Triple Jewel

The day i took refuge with the Triple Jewel was the 3rd of September, 2006.

Missed the time when Rev. Heng Sure came down to Malaysia for the grand opening ceremony of the Dharma Realm Guan Yin Sagely Monastery in KL and the taking refuge session, so had to go for the second one during my summer holidays.

And what does taking refuge mean? It means to return and rely on the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha, which sums up as the Triple Jewel.

I still remember the day when i took refuge. It was very peaceful, and there were quite a number of youths who not only took refuge, but even took the 5 precepts! I was totally awed - my highest respects to them! I wonder when will be the time when i can fully take these precepts as well. It just puts a smile to my face to see the little children taking refuge as well =).

My given Dharma name was 亲慧 (Qin Hui), which roughly translates as "Nearing Wisdom". I hope this will be a guidance to me in my life - to use wisdom to perceive the world around me, and to solve the obstacles in life with wisdom. Taking refuge has indeed made me feel more in control of myself, and it definitely has taught me to face everything with patience and grace.

Its a joy to see my Dharma friends taking the 5 precepts. I wonder when will my turn come? A mi to fuo!

No comments: